How to Fix Dry Hair This Winter
How do you fix dry, damaged hair?
Cedar Ridge Salon has the answers that will rehydrate, repair and protect your hair during harsh weather conditions. As a Unite Diamond Salon, we have many incredible products from the amazing Unite line to help bring your hair back to life and protect it throughout the winter months.
Damaging weather, central heat and wearing hats can take their toll during winter months, leaving your hair dull, frizzed, crunchy and filled with static. Sound familiar? You probably know how hard dry hair is to control. It won’t hold curls, you can’t seem to get any shine and generally speaking it’s FRUSTRATING!
Don’t worry, we’ll set you on the path to healthy winter hair and get you loving your hair again.
- The first thing to do is to ask your stylist at Cedar Ridge Salon to do a deep conditioning treatment when you are in for your next appointment.
- Protect your hair! Come into the salon and pick up some Unite 7 Seconds Leave-In Conditioner. This will keep your color vibrant and will prevent hot hair tools from damaging your hair.
- Use Unite Moisturizing Treatment for deep conditioning and hydration. This will repair and reduce breakage by 80%, using a paraben-free vegetable protein blend.
- Try to limit the use of hot hair tools like curling irons, flat irons or blow dryers. If you have to use them, use the aforementioned Unite 7 Seconds Leave-In Conditioner which provides UV and Thermal protection for your hair.
- Don’t get yourself in hot water! Use warm to cool water to wash your hair instead of scalding hot water. Hot water can dry out your hair, fade color and even dry out your skin.
- Make regular appointments with your Cedar Ridge Salon stylist! Every 6-8 weeks, you should trim your hair, preventing split ends that make your dry hair frizzy.
- Put Unite Lazer Straight Relaxing Fluid into your wet hair, smoothing and taming wavy/curly or frizzed hair.
- Less washing! A lot of women don’t realize how shampooing too often can actually strip moisture from their hair. Use Unite 7 Seconds Dry Shampoo to remove excess oil, increase hair volume – essentially refreshing your hair – without leaving a powder residue.
If you have anymore questions about your dry and/or damaged hair, call us for more information. We are here to help!